Learn More About the Coursework and How to Become a Financial Advisor
At the Financial Advisor Training Institute, gain the necessary knowledge and skills to become a financial advisor and pursue a rewarding career in just 14 weeks.
Our accelerated, online financial advisor classes provide training in various financial topics and how they apply to real-life and practical situations. These lessons will prepare you for certification and licensing exams, so you’ll be professionally qualified to help others meet their financial goals.
When you complete our financial advisor courses and pass your certification exams, we guarantee job placement — which means you can hit the ground running as a financial advisor in less time than you may think.
Steps to Becoming a Financial Advisor
According to recent surveys from Statista, nearly 40% of Americans frequently partner with a financial advisor — a number that is continuing to grow. That means now is a great time to take a financial advisor course that teaches you how to become a financial advisor.
Financial advisors come from all walks of life and nearly every background. To get started on this career path, follow these three steps to becoming a financial advisor:
1. Earn a college degree or high school diploma.
Whether you graduated a year ago or it’s been a decade or two, a high school diploma is all that’s required to pursue financial advisor courses. If you have an associate or bachelor’s degree in any field, you will have an even stronger foundation as you take financial advisor classes.
2. Pursue financial advisor classes from the Financial Advisor Training Institute.
Our 14-week, accelerated, online program will teach you how to become a financial advisor, with topics in contact and prospect management, financial planning, retirement plans, and much more. You’ll tackle three different subjects every day in our financial advisor classes. Coursework, on average, is 20 hours per week.
3. Acquire necessary certifications and licenses.
Where you choose to work and what services you want to provide to clients will determine which certifications and licenses you need — one of the most important steps to becoming a financial advisor. Some of our most recent students have taken the Securities Industry Essentials exam and the Series 7 and 66 exams, among others.
When you complete our 14-week program and pass the necessary tests, we guarantee a job. You will also enjoy a career that offers a flexible work schedule and the ability to build a financial practice that fits your interests and passions.
What Will You Learn in Our Financial Advisor Courses?
At the Financial Advisor Training Institute, a 501(c)3 public charity, our financial advisor classes cover three unique subjects each session over 14 weeks. That’s nearly 300 hours of industry-specific training from our expert financial educators.
How to become a financial advisor will start with learning more about the financial services industry and our planning processes. From there, you can expect to take financial advisor classes in:
- Activity and contact management, as well as ways to prospect for new clients
- Advising and risk management
- Annuities, retirement plans, mutual funds, and exchange-traded funds (ETFs)
- Business acceleration training, which will help build and finalize your go-to-market strategies and allow you to succeed sooner
- Life insurance and long-term care and disability insurance
- Preparation for exams and licenses, including state-specific life and health licenses, Series 7 and 66 exams, and the Securities Industry Essentials (SIE) exam
Paying for Your Financial Advisor Classes
At the Financial Advisor Training Institute, we offer multiple financing and payment options to help you learn how to become a financial advisor. You can start our program for as little as $3,000 down and make payments once you’re employed.
Many of the financial firms that recruit and hire our certificants will reimburse to you the cost of your tuition. Some employers reimburse you at the rate of $1,000 per month for 12 months, some reimburse at the rate of $3,000 every 3 months, and some reimburse the $12,000 to you as a signing bonus. While we don’t recommend that you base your employment decision solely on whether or not a prospective employer will reimburse your tuition, this is a major consideration.
Our 14-week program will advance your career by two years. Certificants who complete our program start their career at the same place as those who became a Financial Advisor without the FATI program as much as two years prior. Even factoring in the cost of tuition, you will be more than $100,000 ahead of those who entered the business any other way than the Financial Advisor Training Institute.
While we do not offer traditional financial aid for your financial advisor courses, we do offer many lending and payment options. Most importantly, we offer guaranteed career placement. Our enrollment coach, Virgil Gribbin, will walk you through the steps to becoming a financial advisor and help you through the various ways you can pay for your accelerated training.
Program Outcomes for Our Financial Advisor Classes
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, careers as financial advisors will continue to grow over the next decade. Join a rewarding career sooner by pursuing our financial advisor courses.
Our Financial Advisor Training Institute graduates can expect:
- Guaranteed career placement from one of our more than 50 financial brokers or dealers. In some cases, our financial brokers and dealers may reimburse some — or all — of your investment in our financial advisor classes.
- Proven, actionable and personalized go-to-market plans that will complement your goals and career aspirations.
- To be prepared for top-level licensure exams. In fact, we pay for you to take the first sitting of any financial exam. Our graduates have a nearly 95% pass rate on the life and health insurance licensure exam and a 90% pass rate on the SIE exam.
- Career placement services, if you choose to evaluate additional employment offers.
What Students/Graduates Are Saying
"I had been thinking of becoming a Financial Advisor for years, FATI gave me the support and structure to make it happen"
"I'm so excited for my new career, FATI set me up with a wonderful company, thank you for making this happen!"
"Starting my new career, my boss is impressed with how much I know about the industry and I'm off to an amazing start business wise. All I have to do is run the game plan FATI helped me develop"